Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Before No More where I like to find existing pieces to repurpose, or build or paint a piece to create a the Before No More!

Here is the first piece that I changed.
I bought this piece at a church garage sale or $10!
My mother-in-law, Edwina, aka Granny, and I loaded it up and took it to her house.
My father-in-law, Lee, aka Pappa, has all the tools.
We used a jig saw and cut off the top 3/4 of the piece.
We also removed the right side door because the other one was broken.
We took the top piece and attached it to the bottom to make this.

 
You can see here where we added a piece of plywood to the back.

 
Here is the finished product!  I painted the whole thing with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and light and heavy dark waxed it.  I add some baskets for interest.
I was so excited to do this.  It has really inspired me to do more,
Which means it is time to get my own tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment