Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Evening Y'all!!

  I know I am posting late in the evening, but I have had an awesomely, busy day!  Because ot the rainy, wet and cold day here, I have had a great time crafting.

  Remember the earlier post about the Corn Hole boards?  Well, I am in the process of painting them.  And while waiting for the paint to dry, I decided to spruce up this cute little stool.

  I acquired this stool from the yard sale that I held at my house for Granny's friend.  It doesn't look bad the way it is, but it is a bit dated.  The fabric has a vintage 1776 motif and the wood is very dark.
 
Here is a view from the side.  Sorry for the quality.  I am using a camera phone.  I'm hoping Santa will bring me a nice camera for Christmas.......

 
 
I took the cushion off of the stool and recovered it.  
 I went to http://thegraphicsfairy.com/ and chose a free print from her website.  She has so many wonderful prints to choose from.
 
Here I transferred the print to the fabric. 
 
 
 
I then covered the cushion with it.
 
After covering the cushion, I painted the legs with Annie Sloan Louis Blue.  For some reason, I am on a Louie Blue kick.  It is a great winter blue color and I plan on using it to do some winter crafts.
After I painted the legs with Louie I dry brushed on some Old White and distressed it some.  After that, I added light and dark wax.  I love the way it turned out!


 
I'm not sure what I am going to  do with this little guy. 
I am bursting with so many ideas about changes in my house.
And I am so excited about sharing them with you!
 
I hope y'all have a great evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment